Your business name
Consign your formal items with ws
Consign your formal items with ws
BRIDAL GOWNS & OTHER ITEMS:
To get the most out of your consigning experience, here are a few tips:
- We recommend all items have been purchased within the last 2-3 years, bridal gowns within 5 years. This is to keep with current trends and styles, and what shoppers are seeking. If you have an item older, you are welcome to email a photo(s) to [email protected] for consideration. These items must be in CLEAN resale ready condition for us to consider acceptance.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT RETRO OR VINTAGE GOWNS.
- We take semi-formal and formal dresses and whole sets (no separates) for teens to grandmas. We do not accept children's or men's items, or any decor. We also accept accessories such as formal shoes (MUST BE NEW OR LIKE NEW & CLEAN and less than 3.5" height), purses, sash/belts, jewelry, shawls/boleros. No bras, shapewear, crinolines, or robes are accepted. We recommend contacting Once Upon A Child or Kinder Kloset for all children's items!
- The items will be inspected for flaws, cleanliness, and suitability for the store’s needs. Items must be ready for sale and use, with no worries for the future owner about if any spots or stains will come out. Items must be clean, odor free, wrinkle free, and have no stains, holes, missing buttons, broken zippers, tears or torn seams, or pet hair. Please look over even if it was dry cleaned!
- We highly recommend putting your contract expiration date in your phone or calendar to receive a reminder! We do not contact at the end of the contract as their are over 300 active consignors at any given time. After the 15-day grace period, the items are forfeited and become property of Formally Yours. Every consignor will leave the store with a copy of the signed contract. All contract must be signed in person and can no longer do extensions by email due to amounts of unreceived and undelivered emails.
- Bridesmaids dresses are only accepted based on brand, color, straps, material, and re-use category. Velvet, satin, sateen, and bead/sequin are great re-use items. Strapless, chiffon or mesh, pastel or non-trendy colors are not. High end bridal store brands like Mori Lee, Sorella Vita, among others are amazing for re-use; though David's Bridal and Azazie are not. Everybody states they just look to "bridesmaids-y".
- Pre-read the consignment contract on the "About Us" page to understand what you will sign in store.
NO LONGER ACCEPTING
To include but not limited to: fast fashion brand sites, mall brand stores, career dresses.
David’s Bridal/DB Studio brand bridesmaid specific dresses
Short bridesmaid specific dresses
AZAZIE (still accept Mother's collection)
Light in the Box
Anything with “Chic” “Lily” or “Wish” in the title
JCP brand specific dresses
Q: How should I bring my gown in?
A: Items must be clean and on a hanger and in new or like-new and resale-ready condition. If several smaller items, you are welcome to have the nicely folded in a basket or box. Boxed bridal gowns are recommended to be un-boxed at home to ensure it is still in sell-able condition. If any boxes are brought into the store, the customer will be responsible to cut the seal, understanding we may not take the item after opened, and take the box with them for storage or disposal.
Q: How do you come up with the selling price?
A: All (non wedding gown) prices will be determined by Formally Yours to achieve fair and affordable prices for buyers, and bridal gowns will agreed upon by both consignor and Formally Yours, with recommendations based off of age, style, and condition. We base prices off of the retail value (and/or current retail if still available) without taxes and/or alterations (the new owner will likely pay both also!) If you have information or a receipt on the gown purchase, this helps save time in store.
Q: What if my bridal gown doesn't sell?
A: If your item does not sell, you have 15 days from end of contract to stop in to retrieve your item or sign a new contract. After that time, items become property of Formally Yours (see contract).
Q: I could get more if I sold it myself online, why?
A: The price is based on a value we feel is fair to both you and a buyer of pre-loved bridal gowns. In a sense, you are renting a space to find a buyer who wants the same style, color, and size dress you once loved. We also offer buyers a safe, reliable, and friendly environment to view and try on these pre-loved items, promote and market you items online, and also must take into costs associated with having a physical store for shoppers to come at their convenience and with their family and friends.
Q: Will my price go down if you have sales or promotions?
A: We reserve the right to include all regular items in sale and promotions. Bridal gowns will not be discounted or included in any sales that may take place within Formally Yours.
Q: What if I change my mind and want my bridal gown back?
A: If you wish to pull your consigned item from our store before the contract end date, a 5% fee (of said item sale price) will be due at time of pick-up.
Q: Can someone return my gown after they purchase it?
A: No. All sales are final. Because we have to pay your share of the sale, we are not able to accept returns on consigned items, so that's one less thing for you to worry about!
Q: If I have someone else bring my items in for me, can I still get paid?
A: No. The person bringing in the items to sell will be the person entered into our system for payment.
Q: What if I don't pick up my dress, or can't get back in to do so?
A: From the date of consignment contract, items must be picked up within 15 days of contract end date or become property of Formally Yours. If you wish to have someone else pick it up for you, you must call to give us a name of the person you gave permission to and assigned to pick up for you. They will need to show ID and sign the contract for the responsibly party.